I cannot believe but miracles do happen in the Yule time - I ordered some books from the Amazon (USA) and they sent them on Dec 7th. And today, 12 days later - 12 days over the ocean, with millions of other parcels that travel all around the world this time of the year!!! - they arrived at my door! *^v^*
- Claudine Hellmuth's "Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond The Unexpected" - I quickly looked through it and I already know I'll be as much in love with this book as with the previous one by C. Hellmuth, yikes! *^v^*
- two books by Eric Maisel, "Fearless Creating: A Step-by-Step Guide to starting and Completing Your Work of Art" and "The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance", I cannot decided which one to start with (not to mention the books that are already on my bedside table, being read or waiting in the queue!...), and I would really really love to exist in several persons at a time to be able to read several books at the same time (and knit! ^^), there are so many interesting books out there!...
The last book was purchased by my friend Kate but I'm also going to have a good look through it, it's "The Techniques of Sprang" by Peter Collingwood, which will be useful for our medieval reconstructions.
I decided to kill my Christmas ghost with some spiritual art activities, and I found some inspiration on Celestine Musings blog.
Okay, so all our art journals are spiritual, because they come from the bottom of our hearts and souls, but this one is special for me because I want to concentrate on the questions quoted from the Celtic Devotional by Caitlin Matthews.
Questions To Ask During The Winter Solstice Season
- What am I endeavoring to manifest now in my life?
- How can I change my thought patterns, to empower my goals?
- What old connections can I release now, for my highest good?
- What wisdom is seeking to reveal itself to me at this time?
- What new idea has seeded itself this winter, and how can I best nurture it to fruition, as the earth nurtures her seeds?
- What are the imprisoning fears that I feel ready to release?
- What part of me will awaken as the rebirth of Spring arrives?
- How can I best focus on my blessings this season?
- How can I turn negatives into positives?
- How can I make the best use of this lifetime?
For this I prepared a hand bound journal from the handmade paper I had in my stash, which I bound in a not-so-Coptic way. Why, you may ask. Well, everything went exactly to the instructions I found on YouTube, but when I reached the back cover I found out that this part wasn't included in the video, so I did it my way intuitively. It worked! *^v^* I then finished the covers with some decorations (will be working on them more).
I'm going to work in this journal from around the Yule time over to some time in January probably, whenever it's finished. I got also inspired for this by the works of Cat Sidh and especially her journals.
More to come. ^^