I just realized that today is my 1st blogging anniversary! *^v^*
What I learnt throughout this year of crafting:
- the second knitted sock can be quite a different size than the first one... which means I didn't pay the same amount of attention to keep the same tension of the yarn during the making of both socks!... (sic!) ^^
- but also many positive experiences, like toe-up socks, knitting cables without the cable needle, lace on very small needles, felting the knitted objects, weaving, a tiny little bit of crocheting, coming back to my roots that is embroidery! ^^,
- I learnt naalbinding and tried my hand in patchwork
- I made many different things like shawls, gloves, hats, capes, bags, wristwarmers, socks, some historical outfits and some everyday clothes,
- I published on my blog some free knitting patterns ^^
- I started to sell my things in two more on line galleries (in addition to the one I cooperated with for some time)
- I bought a loom (my big dream!)
- I initiated the crafty meetings with the girls in my historical group in an attempt to create both crafts learning zone and a kind of a women spiritual circle - I think it works fine up till now! *^v^*
- I started belly dancing classes, yikes! ^^
- but first of all, I met some incredible crafty people all around the world! *^v^*
What I would like to try:
- the following yarns are not available here in Poland and I'd love to try them someday: Rowan Kidsilk Haze, Noro Kureyon, Lorna's Lace
- I still haven't knitted a whole sweater (which is my 2007 goal)
- I would like to learn spinning and dyeing with Kool-Aid (although it's not available in Poland)
- tatting is on my list of "to learn someday" things, maybe I'll manage to try it this coming blogging year ^^
- and probably many many more things that will come to my ever busy mind! ^^
Hugs and kisses to all my readers! *^v^*
These are the projects I've been working on last weekend:
I did a bit of cross-stitching on my Burgundian tapestry (not mine, it's already Helene's! ^^), I finished the first skein and started the second one of the Morning Surf scarf for my mother's birthday and I embroidered my Wordpicture - I covered the tree with buttonhole stitches and barred chain stitches (last week's TAST stitch - just in time, because tomorrow Sharon will announce the next stitch ^^).
I've been working with many shades of brown and ecru which is not typical for my colour schemes but I like the effect. When I finished working on the tree last night my first thought was I overdid it, but the when I wathced it for a while and got used to it more, I decided that I like it. I think it's more or less all I wanted for the tree, now I'm going to concentrate on the background, which, as colourful as it is, still needs some embelishments (that's my view! ^^).
As a bonus some close shots of the barred chain stitch:
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! It's been fun reading your blog!ReplyDelete
Yay for first anniversaries. I have not been reading your blog for the whole year, sadly. Maybe next year I can say that. LOL!ReplyDelete
As far as knitting goals...dyeing yarn with kool-aid is a lot of fun. I have done it a few times. Also making an entire sweater is very rewarding. I have made quite a few over the years. I think socks and sweaters are my two favorite things to make.
Happy knitting and congrats on the blogiversary!
Congratulations on your blogging anniversary, and I LOVE your word pictures.ReplyDelete
Congratulations! I look forward to read your blog in your second year of blogging too :-)ReplyDelete
Congratulations! I've really enjoyed reading your blog. You've made so many beautiful things over the past year.ReplyDelete
Like your tree! I see the canopy and love what to me represents the water table level on lowest fabric. My trees gulp up so much waterReplyDelete