Well, I've liked sheep for a long time now and when two years ago I decided to start selling my hand-made stuff on-line I had to come up with some good brand name for it. Something that was somehow connected with me, that sounded right, that was "marketable", not too complicated for people to remember. So, we did a brainstorming with my husband and I was giving many names like "Green wardrobe" or "Witchy Corner", but it didn't feel right. And then Robert said: "I have an idea! Call it "friendship", but spelled like this - friendsheep!". It was brilliant I thought! ^v^ So, Friendsheep it was. I registered a domain and opened a shop, and then it turned out that selling hand-made goods here in Poland is not so easy, but that's another story.
So, lately I decided to do a little make-over of my blog. I was tired of the browns and greys of the template so now it's all in greens! ^^ And the sheep in the picture has been drawn by my husband, so please do not use it in your stencils or anything (not that I thought you would, but just in case I want to mention that it's not from a free clipart, it's just mine, mine, mine! *^v^*)
Have you seen Not To Do List ?
Was this person peeking on me?... ^^ I'm always doing all those (or similar) 52 things BEFORE I get to a project and then, even during making of something, I easily get distracted and leave it for a moment, and it stays and UFO for a long time...
What to do to change my habits? I don't know...
I have almost finished one Sock of Chaos and you can see it here for the first and last time. Why? Because I don't like it at all, it was interesting while I was still knitting the foot, it got very irregular around the heel part, then I added some stitches and the result was stripes more or less regular again, but then I had to add more stitches for the calf part and the sock looks awful in that part...
I don't condsider the time devoted to knitting these socks wasted, because I learned the short-row technique and now I know how to knit a sock toes-up! ^^
I changed my mind and since it seems that the only nice thing to knit with this yarn is something regular in shape, I'm going to knit the Wristwarmers of Chaos! ^^ I hope that the tube shape will reveal the nice stripes.
Ella shawl grew a bit, because it's soooooo hot in here lately that I cannot force myself to cover my lap with a mohair shawl... And my hands sweat the moment I pick up the needles and touch the yarn, so I think it'll have to wait a bit for a colder period.
Planned and Planning
Last week's plans:
- Ella shawl - grew a bit,
- toe-up socks - started and the first one almost finished, but I chabged my mind about them... ^^,
- another felted bag - haven't started yet but I have some ideas, waiting for the next assignment for the Bag Me KAL,
- fourth skirt for Sylwia - shame on me, but not yet...
- knitting bag for myself - almost ready but the zipper from my stash turned out to be too small...
- some new bags for sale - didn't manage to finish any...
- felted jewelery - done some swatches and felted them, they turned out fine, so next steps with this project this week
- Ella shawl - it it's not too hot...
- Wristwarmers of Chaos - plan, start, finish (I hope! ^^)
- black skirt for Sylwia - Monday or Tuesday the latest!
- my knitting bag - buy a 50 cm zipper (yes, this bag is a monster!... ^^), finish sewing,
- bags for sale - on-going
- embroidered band for Robert's caftan - on-going
- kokoshnik (sewing and embroidery) - finish the planning phase (draw the full pattern and transfer it onto the fabric)
- anything else that comes to my mind... ^v^
Project Spectrum June
It seems that I could find some blue items around, so here is my june collage: