My Snow White shawl is growing, it's 102 cm this morning (the photo was taken yesterday morning, when it was 90 cm long), and I started to wonder, how long should it be? Any suggestions? Because it seems I can keep on going with this pattern until the end of the yarn ball (and it's still quite a while till it happens). I got so familiar with this pattern that my average knitting time has shrunk from 35 minutes per one motive (6 rows) to 20 minutes per one motive.
Somebody, stop me! ^-^
My Clapotis is also growing (although very slowly because of that multi-thread yarn...). I wasn't sure if I'm doing it right so I even checked the archives of the Clapotis KO KAL, but it seems that it should look like that on this stage - just a few more rows and I'll start dropping the stitches (I can't wait!).
I decided to list my near future projects, so I can have them in one place and check what's done and what's not.
So, in the next two months I'll be working on the following projects:
- Snow White shawl - not much to knit, I think I'll finish it in 5 - 8 days,
- Clapotis - still lots to be done, in progress,
- Tote Exchange project for my secret pal - I know her preferences, so I'm considering the pattern and colour choice now, I have some vague notion of what to knit but I must write down a pattern, I'm very excited because it'll be my first international bag swap ever!
- knitted bag for Bag Me KAL - I've just joined this KAL and I'm waiting for the May assignment, I'm very anxious and excited, since the May assignment will be a contest with a prize at the end! (but I'm doing it for the love of bags, not for the award, of course! ^^)
- I joined Poncho KAL - and I'm going to knit the poncho you've seen in red and black, but in green probably, but not according to the original pattern by Christine , but to my version of this. (In the orginal version you end up with a decrease lines directly on the shoulder blades, and I tried to "move" them on the central part of the shoulders, we'll see how it goes.)
- I also want to knit Twisted Float Shrug by Annie Modesitt, but still desperately trying to get the pattern. I wrote to Vougue Knitting in the USA, but they didn't bother to answer, I'm trying the UK branch today. Wish me luck! ^^
- Till 22nd May I have to finish the embroidered bands for my husband's Russian caftan - we are going for a medieval event then, so I'm starting it soon to be ready in time!
- Also numerous bags - I decided to get rid of the stash fabric I collected over the years, and what is the better way to do it than to sew bags (or skirts, I'll see! ^^).
- And I have some stash fabric devoted to summer clothing for me, inspired by the Gudrun Sjoden's designs.
Seems like a lot?
I'm sure I'm going to add more to it! (*^-^*)
Wow...you are cranking out projects left and right! Snow White shawl looks beautiful.ReplyDelete